Ph: (08) 8276 9888
1 Flinders Drive Bedford Park, SA 5042
Vascular Surgery encompasses the diagnosis and comprehensive, longitudinal management of vascular disease. This includes disorders of the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems, but excludes the intracranial and coronary arteries.
Services provided by vascular surgeons include:
- All elements of clinical evaluation and tests to diagnose vascular disease.
- Comprehensive management of vascular disease, including:
- screening and surveillance,
- medical management,
- drug therapy,
- risk factor management,
- wound management, including amputations, and
- other adjunctive procedures.
- Indications and techniques relating to open and endovascular treatment of vascular disorders, including occlusive, aneurysmal, inflammatory disease, trauma, and neurovascular compressive syndromes.
- Critical care of patients.
- Translation of recent research and evidence in order to provide the best options for therapy.
Our vascular surgeons have a particular interest in the endovascular and open surgical management of complex aortic disease. This includes thoracic aortic disorders, endovascular management of peripheral arterial disease and amputation prevention.
They also provide treatment for venous disease, such as varicose veins, chronic venous obstructive disease and cosmetic spider veins. Treatment options may include:
- endovenous ablation (including Radiofrequency ablation, Clarivein, Venaseal glue ablation and sclerotherapy),
- venous stenting,
- radiofrequency therapy, and
Our qualified and experienced Vascular Surgeons include:
- Dr Phil Puckridge (Flinders Private)
- Prof Ian Spark (visiting specialist)