What is nutrition and dietetics?
Nutrition and dietetics relate to how your body works and the impact your diet has on your health.
What conditions do nutritionists and dietitians treat?
Dietitians can provide comprehensive dietary advice, education, and support for people with a range of conditions and situations, such as:
- irritable bowel syndrome,
- coeliac disease,
- inflammatory bowel diseases (e.g. Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis),
- pancreatic and liver disease,
- weight loss surgery,
- vegetarian and vegan diets,
- diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance, and
- food sensitivity or intolerance.