Dr Raghu Kumar
Dr Raghu Kumar is a general gastroenterologist. After completing his bachelor’s degree, he undertook an MD. Subsequently, he worked as a clinical teaching staff at the Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
Dr Kumar completed further training at the Lyell McEwin Hospital, followed by advanced training in gastroenterology and hepatology at the Flinders Medical Centre and the Repatriation General Hospital, completing his FRACP and accreditation for endoscopy and colonoscopy by the conjoint committee.
He has been actively involved with medical student education, being the Clinical lead for gastroenterology at the Flinders University of South Australia for the past five years.
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Oesophageal cancer screening
- Functional bowel disorders
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Calicut University
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Manipal University
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Member, Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- Member, Association of Physicians of India
- Staff specialist, Flinders Medical Centre
- Staff specialist, Noarlunga Hospital
- Clinical lead, Gastroenterology, Flinders University